Thursday, October 3, 2013

10-2-2013 P-Day Letter

Yeah!!! It has been a month now! 4 whole weeks, how crazy! Usually at the beginning of a new week, I think, yeah not much special can happen in a week, every week, and then there seems to ALWAYS be more crazy/awesome/spiritual stuff that happens, but it's a blessing and makes the CCM that much better! Week break down:
Thursday: Nothing happened Thursday, nothing special at least, just another day here at the CCM.

Friday: This day was also like Thursday, nothing special, just the normal spiritual fun here at the CCM.

Saturday: And Saturday as well, just a normal day at the CCM.

Sunday: Sunday is when things started getting a little different. So as I said last week, me and Elder Beifuss gave the prayers for the fireside for the whole CCM! That was kinda nerve wracking, just a tad. So we get there, and so you know, only like almost 1,000 missionaries in front of you, and another 2,000 around different rooms, including wyview and what not, seeing it through a broadcast. The speaker was the president of the Provo Temple and his wife. That was really cool, but yeah, so as I got up to say the prayer, I look down at the podium to bow my head and there was a mini tv, showing me as what it looks like to others, which was kinda freaky, but yeah, it was good! I just said what the spirit told me to say, and it went good! Also on Sunday, since the next day the other district left, they redid the callings and what not! Me and Elder Beifuss are the new Zone Leaders, which is the highest position for a missionary for the Branch in the CCM. Kind of weird though, because since it's only our district now in our zone, our district leader, Elder French, is kinda over us. It's kind of like bishop and stake president. It's the district leader's district, but we're over him, but also part of the district....confusing, I know. But we give lots of discussions. When something isn't going good for our zone (now only district), we are called to give about a 20-30 minute discussion on the importance of things. So it is really good, and I can definitely feel the spirit more and have more a want to teach this gospel stronger and better! Also on Sunday, since it was fast conference we had fast and testimony meeting. Wow, that was amazing. So we had to bear our testimonies in Spanish, and so I did. The Spanish literally flowed out of my mouth, it was the COOLESLT thing ever :) Ahhhh.....gift of tongues is real!!!

Monday: Monday was interesting. We had TRC again, but this time it was with a native, via skype, which was CrAzY, and super amazing :) I want to leave a separate paragraph for that though. Other then that, Monday the other district left, which was kind of sad because we had grown so close to them. So yeah....

Tuesday: Nothing too different yesterday, except for we started a new goal. During our classes we have to only speak Spanish, and so we extended that goal and just tried to speak Spanish the whole day, which was really interesting. I didn't do too bad, but it was kind of difficult at times. No I wasn't able to speak ALL in Spanish all day, but I did pretty good.

Wednesday: And then today, Pday, has been really good!!! I forgot to tell, but for the morning on Pdays, at 6:05 am we have a service project, and so our service is cleaning a church building right outside of the CCM, which is really nice, doing service!!!

TRC experience: So like I said, we got to do our TRC experience via Skype! Our lady was from Peru, and it was so cool. The lesson was good, yeah, but at the end I just had this impression to ask if she had any questions, not necessarily about the lesson, but in general. She did have a question, and it was about a friend she had that was just going through a really tough time, her friend was catholic, and wasn't sure about the spirit. Immediately I found this scripture about the spirit and told her to share it with her friend. I may never know how it goes with her friend, but it was an amazing experience :) I can't wait till this next Tuesday for another skype experience.

Q/A: So we did get our Visas, so no worries about that. Elder Beifuss just got his late, but we got them. The CCM holds on to them until we leave though, so I'm set. I will be able to call at the airport, and no worries, it is really really cheap. When we went to Vegas we were able to look at the prices, and it is only 0.50 cents, unlimited talk, for local calls, which is any number with an 801 as a zip code, as that is the same as SLC's area code. It will probably be around 7 am, BUT, I'm not sure. I'll be able to know for sure next week because that is when we get our travel plans.

So thanks for all the love and support, I sent a few handwritten letters today, so expect those in a few days, but I just want to say that this gospel is amazing. There is nothing greater then this work. I am going to miss the CCM in a week and half when I leave. The spirituality is so amazing, as the real world won't be as much. I know people are waiting in Mexico for me though, not for me, but for the gospel, through me. Keep up all the love and support, you all are in my prayers constantly :) El Evangelio de Jesucristo es verdarero.....siempre!!!


-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment