Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21st, 2014 - Weekly Letter


Family,

I guess to say the least.....this last week wasn't too successful of a week but it definitely was an interesting week. So let's see what happened.

So on Tuesday after I wrote to the family and everything, something really funny happened. So me and Elder Mendoza were walking to eat with one of the sisters of the ward, and this guy started walking with us. He didn't have a shirt on and was drunk, so he probably lived on the street. But he came up to us and started walking with us and asked if he could protect us for the day, and Elder Mendoza told him that we were fine, but he continued to follow us. He started to say a lot of things I didn't understand, but I did understand that he was saying the he was going to cut of the heads of anybody who touched us, so that was kind cool...we had a personal bodyguard. But then we realized that he couldn't eat with us at the sister's house, so we were really lucky because he went to pee on the side of the street, and Elder Mendoza yelled RUN. Hahaha, we ran like 4 or 5 more blocks and the man yelled at us to stop running, but it was funny. At the beginning I was a little bit scared but at the end it was just funny. So that was our event on Tuesday.

Wednesday nothing special happened, but Thursday was really good. Thursday we had a meeting with President Chavez and it was amazing. I was able to see a lot of elders that I hadn't seen in a while like Elder Hiskey and Elder Whitney! That was super cool, but the meeting was even cooler. It was about a parable in Matthew 19 and 20. It was a whole meeting about getting rid of the burdens that we carry, or the little sins that have stained us to a point that we can't feel the spirit as strong, so I have made a lot of changes. One day for example I wrote down all of the little sins that I have ever committed, or at least the one's that I could think of, and I had a really long prayer, but I feel so much better now. And that is something that I would invite all of you to do. At times we think that we don't need to repent of EVERY single little sin, but eventually it fogs us up so much that we can't feel the spirit. So yeah, that was a really good meeting with President.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday weren't too different. I did learn some good lessons from different people these days though. First of all from one of our zone leaders I learned a lesson to help me not fear talking to so many people on the streets. The lesson was that if we talk to people what's the worst that could happen, well they could say no, but what's the best...yes. And if they say yes, we can be the means in them returning to live with God, so that helped boost up my confidence a little bit more.

Second I learned from Brother Carlos, the brother that was part of the 70, and I also found out he was a mission president, so he is super spiritually awesome. But from him I learned that we should always focus on our strengths, and not our weaknesses. If we focus on our strengths then we can and WILL be able to overcome our weaknesses. God gave us weaknesses to learn, but he gave us strengths so that we can be better. I also learned that we should always leave a meeting feeling uncomfortable, because if not we didn't learn our lesson. Zion will never be perfect in these days...there's always work we can do.

So yeah....thanks for all the support and love. This last week was a week called La Semana Santa, or the Holy Week. During this week everyone remembers the crucifixion of Christ, but like really remember it. It was kind of a gruesome week because so many people did plays and what not of Christ being crucified. So yeah, but we did nothing special for Easter, just a normal day. And tell Tyrell congrats for me!!! How fast the time went!! But yeah, thanks for all the love and support, and enjoy this week a lot!!!! I love you all
-Elder Loveless

 

No comments:

Post a Comment