Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12th, 2014 - Weekly E-mail

Familyyy,

Hey everybody! So I loved talking with you guys as well last night. It was kind of funny because for like an hour before 7:30 I kept telling Elder Mendoza that I was so nervous to talk and see you guys, I don't know why, but I just felt nervous, but once we started talking it was good again! I love how mom was like talking the whole time!!! Oh my good ole mommy :) But yeah, it was super good. The sister was so embarrassed, it was kind of funny. Luckily dad speaks Spanish, because before she talked she said that she doesn't know anything in English! Haha, she's a funny sister, Hermana Aide, but it's kinda funny because she reminds me exactly of Miss Proper! It's kinda funny!!! But yeah, how exciting as well that you only have 2 weeks of school left. I always loved and hated the last little bit of school....but they're good times!!! Thanks for being an awesome family :) I loved seeing Tiff and Jeff and the boys too...oh and of course I loved seeing Emily ;) But yeah, so this last week was good but kind of hard as well.....Satan didn't want us to have success, but we fought on.

On Monday Elder Neuman was able to get his new companion, Elder Woods, and I was able to see a lot of other elders like Elder Whitney again (mi papa), Elder French from the MTC, Elder Beifuss from the MTC as well, and other elders that I have met here in the mission, so it was a good little reunion.

On Tuesday, well I'm not even going to talk about Tuesday....let's just say that it wasn't a very good day. I don't think anyone was in their houses, and people didn't want to talk to us. But it's alright, because we pulled it back together on Wednesday.....we always have a few hard days, but we press on!

The reason Wednesday was good was because we had a zone meeting and we got recharged spiritually again. It was a good meeting to reanimate us!!! Later that day we ate with one of the sisters, and she literally prepared an amazing meal for us. I've never seen a sister prepare like she did. She decorated her house like Hawaii, and we ate salmon and other Hawaiian food. It was super fun.

Thursday was good too! We started having more success, and 8 of us missionaries ate with one of the sisters, it was super cool....but she gave us SO much food that I literally couldn't finish it. I felt kinda bad.

On Friday not much happened, but we did do an activity with one of the member families and we were able to get 3 references with an address, and 4 more without an address, so that was really good. We're now thinking about doing it with other member families to get more references.

On Saturday NOBODY was home. The city was DEAD...and it was because May 10th is always Mother's day in Mexico. So we didn't have too many visits, but we were able to do some service which was fun. Elder Mendoza also called his mom on Saturday and we ate at a super good restaurant. One of the members gave us 500 pesos (or like 50 dollars) to eat so we ate good :)

And of course Sunday was good because I was able to talk to you all!!! It was also dead the whole day, but we were able to have a few visits.

The zone leaders called us and we found out that none of our district has transfers, so we're all safe. It's good, because Elder Mendoza is a good leader and I have learned a lot from him and am excited to learn more from him.

Thanks to you mom for everything, and I hope you had a good Mother's Day yesterday. I'm glad I was able to talk to you!! I couldn't have asked for a better mom!!! I love you, and I don't think I can describe in words how thankful I am for you!!! But thanks for all your help and love in my decision to serve a mission!!!

And thanks to you all!!! Thanks for all the love and support through everything!! I love you all so much!!! Have a good week!!!! CTR!!!!!

-Elder Loveless

 

No comments:

Post a Comment