Friday, May 23, 2014

May 19th, 2014 - Weekly Letter


Familyyy,

It sounds like everything is going super good with everyone!!! I can't believe that the school year for you guys is already pretty much over. I left on the mission shortly after it started...wow! So this last week was really good! I was able to go on divisions with one of the zone leaders, but not Elder Ruiz, our other zone leader, Elder Ramos.

So on Monday we had our normal p-day! Not much happened.

On Tuesday we were able to get an accepted baptismal invite. I don't know if you guys remember when I talked a little bit about someone named Gaby?! But yeah, she has a twin named Rojelio, and he's like always in the house, so we've been teaching him lately, and we invited him to be baptized, and he accepted. The only problem with him is that he goes to way too many parties, and parties aren't necessarily a bad thing, but in Mexico they are!

Wednesday was a normal day....but abnormally hot.

On Thursday we had a meeting with President Chavez, and it was awesome because a lot of the elders from my old zone are now in Chihuahua. I saw Elder Hansgen, and Elder Ellis (from the MTC), and everyone else again! But man, the meeting with President was amazing! We learned how to use 3 different types of questions to help the people actually put in practice what they learn. We have put it into practice and it has been working amazingly! But that day, Thursday, after the meeting, I went with Elder Ramos to his area, and let me just say his area is super humble, and there are a TON of investigators there. It was so cool to work with him.

On Friday, with Elder Ramos, we worked hard, but he said that it wasn't THAT great of a day. We made like 3 or 4 baptismal invites and they all accepted. Elder Ramos is just crazy...no wonder he is a zone leader.

On Saturday....well let's just say it was crazy. We ended the day with 16 visits. A new record for me and him. I think the most time we were not talking with someone during the day was like 5 minutes. We were in constant teaching the whole day!!! Man was I tired at the end of the day.

And then on Sunday we left the house at like 7:45 to pass for investigators, and we passed for like 22 investigators....only 3 investigators came to church. But hey, although it is a little sad, that is still 3 souls! So that was cool! Later, nothing really happened. I returned to my area with Elder Mendoza, and so now I'm here in Lagos again :)

But yeah, so I learned so much from Elder Ramos, and so this week I'm going to step it up a notch more, and see how everything turns out! Oh, also, I got two packages from the fam!! An Easter package and a summer package! Thanks so much :) I hadn't had candy in a while, American candy, so that was good!!! haha, but again, thanks so much! The little notebooks are sweet too, oh and the book about teaching and learning by the spirit, I started it last night, and I'm learning a ton from it. I learned that the most important thing that a missionary should learn while on the mission is how to recognize the spirit and how to make decisions with it. If we truly learn how to use the spirit in our normal lives we will have a life, and a family, how God wants us to have it! If we do everything in the Lord's way, we will truly be blessed!

But yeah, I love to see what you guys are up to! Thanks for all the love and support! I hope you all have a good last week of school (and week and a half for Jon)!! Love you all!!!

-Elder Loveless

Oh, and so for my birthday, I was thinking if maybe I could have a new camera, and I'll tell you why. So my camera doesn't have a case, so it has gotten kinda dirty and the photos don't turn out as good, and yeah....I don't think it's going to last the 2 years....so that's why I say a camera (and a case) so that it doesn't get ruined. Oh, and I would also like some of that gel that dad bought me before the mission!!!! With those two things (three things with the case) I would be satisfied!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment