Monday, October 20, 2014

October 19th, 2014 - Weekly Letter

Family,
               Well I hope everyone is doing good in California.  Just remember to keep safe and have a lot of fun.  But yeah. Everything has been going good here in Chihuahua.  I've been thinking a little bit about school and stuff, but I'll explain that at the end of the email.
                So this week was good!  It was a very busy week too. I thought I was going to start to have time to leave more, but the work here increased. It's good though, and I like it.  But yeah, we have had to start preparing for the new missionaries that are going to come in a week from Monday.  We're going to have like 14ish missionaries that are coming to the mission, and like 9 of them are Americans, and few are leaving, so we are going to open 4 areas.  I have had to prepare something call a One Time Credit, which is a way to receive money just for new areas that are going to be opened because we have already passed our budget for furniture for the year.  So that's been going good, I'm actually almost done.  I just need a few final touches and then President needs to sign it, but so far so good.  
                  Yesterday morning we dropped off two missionaries at the airport that finished their time in the mission, and so we had to wake up at 4:30 a.m.  The funny thing is last night President asked us to do something that had to be ready today, so we were in the offices until about 2:30 this morning. So it was a long, long day.  Almost 24 hours awake.....but yeah, it was definitely crazy.  Also this last week President had a meeting with us that was amazing!  He explained the repentance process more in depth, and he explained it better. He explained that the first step of repentance isn't just recognizing that you've sinned, but it's recognizing that you have offended God.  He gave some more examples, but it made me think a lot more, that a lot of times I just recognize that I did something wrong, but then later I do it again.  But if we realize that  we have offended God, then we won't want to sin again, because it hurts more....we can really tell how God feels, and it's not fun.  It definitely doesn't feel good, and then we become better people.  So that was an amazing meeting that he had with us.  
                   Also we have seen a huge miracle.  The zone leaders found a guy that lives in our area who's name is Andres, and they taught him for the first time, but come to find out that he was receiving the missionaries like 3 years ago, and went to church a ton, but never felt right about baptism, but now he does feel ready.  He told us that he wanted to get baptized as soon as possible, so he's getting baptized later today at 7 p.m.  It was just crazy because we just barely, barely met him, but he's getting baptized today.  It's just crazy how the Lord hastens his work in HIS time, and not ours.  So yeah, super excited for him!!!
                 But yeah, that's about all that's going on here in the mission and in the offices. We'll see on Monday if I end up leaving or not, because if I start training then I'll be leaving, but if not I'll be staying. But whatever happens I'm just happy to be in the mission!!
                 For college though, I was reading what Mom sent me and what Dad told me and then also Emily's dad e-mailed me and gave me some advice for college too, and other people. So I've been thinking about what everyone has said, and I've decided to apply for a few colleges and then when the time gets closer I can decide exactly what school I'll be attending.  But just so you are informed (especially mom) I want to apply to Snow (well I think I'm already in, but yeah), BYU Provo, and Utah Valley.  I have decided that I want to go to one of these schools.  I would probably stay with you guys for at least like a year if I went to BYU or Utah Valley, and then with family if I went to Snow.  I would also love to take the tracks, and Utah Valley and BYU would be compatible with that, so that would be sweet. But yeah, I think I need more time of praying to know exactly where to go, so for now I would like to apply for these schools!!!
                But yeah, so that's all of the details of everything going on right now! Thanks for everything Fam!! Love you all so much! Have a great week!!!

-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment