Saturday, October 25, 2014

October 25th, 2014 - Weekly Letter

Family,
           I loved the pictures that you sent me!  It looks like you guys had a ton of fun!  It's just weird to see everyone growing up!  But yeah, glad to see that everyone is doing good. Here in the offices everything is also going good. We've been really busy this last week because of the new missionaries that are coming but it's been all good.
            So it all started with the beginning of the week.  So there were two elders that went home, but it was kind of weird because their flights weren't the same day, so on Monday we woke up at about 4 a.m, and then the whole day was a bit hard, but then the next day we woke up at 2 to bring the other elder to the airport.....so I was really, really tired.  Those were some crazy days....but I always like to see after everything that happens what I learn from those experiences, and I think that God was trying my patience, because those days I just received SO many calls, and I just wanted to tell everyone to stop calling me, but I kept working, and I think I saw more in detail the love of God for His children.  It's non-stop. God is constantly involved with everyone of us here in the world. We maybe don't know how it works, but we do know that it works, so I realized that no matter how tired I may be, my priorities need to be in helping satisfy the needs of the missionaries.  One day I'll be able to rest from all this, so for now I need to work hard and do all I can.
              Also this last week we bought stuff for the new areas, and it was just a big problem because we wanted to buy bases for the beds and so the guy at Walmart scanned a tag that was on the bases that wasn't even the right tag, and he didn't realize it, so after we bought everything and had already gotten back to the offices in Chihuahua, he called us and told us what had happened, and we would have to go back and change it and all this stuff, so it all kinda just got messed up.  So I have been seeing even more how God has been testing me.....but with every challenge I feel that I leave stronger.  It's definitely not fun in the moment, but after it's all worth it.  So yeah, a lot of things this week have been falling apart, but I've been learning a lot, so that's really good, and I've really learned a lot about making the best of the day and laughing at small things...that always helps.  But it really hasn't been a bad week.  I got a lot of good work done, like for example something called One Time Credit that I did, got approved by the church offices. A one time credit is where we get money back for things that we have bought for new areas that get opened so that we don't go above the budget. So that got approved, and it was a lot of money, so that is really going to help us to end under the budget this year!  So there were some great accomplishments, so that was good! But now we have to make the final touches for the new missionaries that are arriving Monday. There are going to be 10 from the United States, so it's awesome.
                     But yeah, that's about it for the week. But I'm glad that you guys had a great week too!! Thanks for all the support every week! Oh and have a great Halloween. Be safe, especially during Halloween!!!  Remember that patience is a virtue!!! Have a great week!  Love you all!!!
 
-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment