Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 26th, 2015 - Weekly Letter


May 26th, 2015

Family,

    Wow. It sounds like your week was jam packed with awesome stuff!  I can't believe my little sister already graduated from Lakeview. I remember that day.  So long ago.  I'm so proud of my little sister.  I'm also super happy for Jonny boy.  Just the interview with the stake president and that's it. In less than a month hopefully he gets his call.  There's so much happening that it makes me excited as well!  I want to wish Jon good luck this week.....the last week of senior year was pretty stressful, but it's way fun!!!  But that's cool.....also, HAPPY SUMMER BREAK MOM AND EMMA!!! 

    So this week was pretty crazy.  On Tuesday we celebrated Mother's Day, and it was awesome because a bunch of people came.  One of our investigators named Tere arrived, and she got baptized that night.  It was awesome because one of the investigators that came, named Cayetana, left telling us that she also wanted to be baptized.  We have her planned for this weekend. She's super excited!!!

    Then from Wednesday to Saturday I was in San Juanito. We worked so, so, so hard, and got 2 baptisms over there. One of them is a cute little 12 year old named Briana.  It's really funny because when I interviewed her I told her to invite me to her quinceñera, and then her cousins told me that she is super, super excited.  I was reflecting back on my mission, and I've told a lot of girls that I'm going to return for their quinceñeras.  Probably should stop. I don't think I'll be able to make it to all of them - haha, but it was way fun in San Juanito.  A missionary is the branch president there, so it's always fun to go there to work with them.

    So we got back on Saturday and that night we found a miracle. A guy found us and wanted to get baptized more than anything. It was crazy.  So we talked with him, the zone leaders interviewed him, and he got baptized on Sunday morning. His name is Gilberto. That has to be one of the weirdest things I've seen on my mission so far.

    So yeah, Sunday was good, but at night we found out that all of the other missionaries from La Junta had transfers.  The new zone leaders are Elder Zarco and Elder Blanco, and my new companion is Elder Vasquez from Honduras.  So yeah, La Junta is pure Spanish except for me now. This will be a new adventure for me! I'm excited though! It'll be good.

   So yeah, so that's the update here in La Junta, Chihuahua, Mexico. Thanks for everything my amazing family! Hope you all have an excelente week!  Love you all so so so much!!! Take care!!!

Love, Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment