Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 30th, 2015 - Weekly Letter

Family,

    AWWWWEE, I can't believe that Ashton and Cohen were baptized this last week!  That is so exciting!  I was always hoping that I could be there for their baptism, but I'm still super excited that they got baptized!!!!  Sometimes I get excited to come home too, but then I realize that I still have a month to work hard!  Not that I don't like the mission, but I am really excited to see everyone again!!!
    But this last week was really cool!  It wasn't one of the best weeks that I've had in the mission, but it was probably one of the best weeks of my life.  On Tuesday we had a training meeting with President Chavez, and through President, I received an answer to my prayers.  There is something in my patriarchal blessing that is really interesting, and I was doing what it said, but wasn't seeing the blessing that is pronounced there.  There was a word that I didn't understand very well, and even though I studied it a ton I could never figure it out.  There were some days that I would stay up all night thinking about it, and couldn't.....and it made me sad.  But President cleared it up for me!!!!

    “And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.”  –D&C 88:67
 “For the word of the Lord is truth, and whatsoever is truth is light, and whatsoever is light is Spirit, even the Spirit of Jesus Christ.”  –D&C 84:45

    In the first verse we learn that a body full of light comprehendeth all things.....like everything!!!  And then in the next verse we learn that the scriptures are true, therefore they are light.  President taught us that when we have light we don't sin, and more, we see miracles.....because we understand and comprehend everything!  We comprehend the reasons why we should do things, which makes it easier to do.  As I came to understand this principle I figured out what that part of my blessing meant....and now I have seen the blessing pronounced.....which increased my testimony.  I get emotional when I think about it, because for all I did to understand my blessing, God knew better when I needed to understand it.  I love Him....and I know He lives....and I know that he watches over us always!  We can't live being a mirror of someone else’s light....we have to learn to produce our own light, so that when we leave on our own we don't sin, but we help in the Lord's work.  The world is dark...and if we can't produce our light, surely we will get lost!
    I just wanted to say thanks to my amazing parents.  Before the mission you both helped me arrive to the point where I'm at, and it was because of the light that you both have.  It was enough to get me here, and I thank you for your help and support, and more than anything, for being worthy!  If it weren't for that who knows where I would be right now!

   I hope you have a great week! Only 29 more days.  29 more days to keep increasing my light of Christ!  I love you all so much and miss you tons!!!!

-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment