Monday, July 6, 2015

July 6th, 2015 - Weekly Letter


Family,

    That's so cool that Jon and Emma are going to be able to go on Trek this week.  That's something I always wanted to do, and I hope to be able to do it later on in life!  But I wish you all luck and hope that you enjoy Trek a ton!

    So this last week I feel like a ton happened....but at the same time I feel like not very much happened. How weird how that works right??

    It was good though because we were able to help 2 more of God's children be baptized.  The first one is named Martin, and the second is named Uriel.  Martin is a 13 year old kid, and Uriel is 10.  It was really cool because Martin wanted to get baptized more than anybody I have ever seen.  I had already known him, but he found us and he told us to baptize him then and there, so we talked to him a little bit and he got baptized. He found us on Saturday and told us how good he has felt since his baptism. He's a really good example for me as well.  Then also the other kid named Uriel is the cousin of one of our converts and, even though he probably doesn't understand everything 100%, he had a great desire to be baptized so he as well was baptized.  This is my last month and the Lord is blessing us a ton, but I have to keep working hard to finish my mission strong. 

    Just like you were saying mom about how you started crying because it was going to be the last time paying for my mission, I also got a little teary eyed yesterday, sharing my testimony, when I realized it was my last fast Sunday in the mission.  Yesterday while we were eating with one of the members, we were talking about a lot of stuff, and it finally hit me. Like even a week ago I felt like I still had a lot of time left.....but it finally hit me.....and I started getting teary eyed again. I'm going to miss the mission a ton. The opportunity that we have as young men to represent Christ, the only perfect person that has ever walked on earth, is amazing, and I would never change it for anything. I have grown to love Christ...and grown to love his Atonement. I am so grateful for Him, and I know that I will always be in debt with Him....which means I have to always work in this marvelous work! 

    "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people." -Alma 7:11

     I am so grateful for Him, and I hope to be able to grow even closer to Him in these 3 weeks that I have left.  I thank all of you for all your support.  I hope Jon and Emma have a great week at trek!  I love you all so much and miss you tons as well! Have a great week.....take care!!!

-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment