Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 20, 2014 - Weekly Letter

Family,
             So it sounds like everything is doing good back in the good ole Loveless Fam!!!  Everything here is really good too!! The temperature is finally cooling down here, but there are still days when it is super hot! In about a month or so the temperature will be perfect. 
             So this last week was good! Sadly there's not too much to talk about. It was a busy week, but not as busy as past weeks. I finally could slow down a little bit and not be so stressed, so that was good!!!
              So yeah, some interesting things happened. This last week I ran out of money on the mission card.  Not like my personal missionary card, but the mission mission card that only the financial secretary has.  The new money cycle doesn't even start until next Wednesday, so we've been struggling a little bit. It has a reasonable amount of money on it, but this month we have had to buy a ton of things that we normally don't buy, so the money went fast.  This month has been really hard on money for everyone because even the missionaries are running out of money way too fast!
             I also had a really cool little experience today!  The zone leaders called us today in the morning and told us that they were going to have 2 baptisms today but that they still needed the interviews, so Elder Beifuss and I had our first baptismal interviews today!!!  I interviewed a little girl of 10 years of age, and she was super cool!  She wanted to be baptized SO bad because she wanted the "little friend" with her at all times (the Holy Ghost).  So that was a really cool spiritual experience!  Oh and I don't know if I told you guys, but we got a report on our mission recently and we are one of the top baptizing missions in Mexico. Last month we almost had 160 baptisms in the whole mission!!!  Rocking it out here in Chihauhua Mexico!!!
            But so yeah...other than all that, we have been doing a lot of stuff lately to help President out. We actually went to Parral this last week again, and we went up in President's car, so that is always fun!!!
           But I just wanted to share a little scripture to end my weekly letter:
             (These are in 1 Nephi 6)
And it mattereth not to me that I am particular to give a full account of all the things of my father, for they cannot be written upon these plates, for I desire the room that I may write of the things of God.
 For the fullness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved.
 Wherefore, the things which are pleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and unto those who are not of the world.
 Wherefore, I shall give commandment unto my seed, that they shall not occupy these plates with things which are not of worth unto the children of men.
       So right here in these verses Nephi gives a commandment to all of the people that would write in the Book of Mormon that they couldn't write anything that wasn't of worth to us, and we know that everybody that wrote after Nephi were honest, worthy Prophets who kept that commandment.  So, it makes me think wow....there is not one word that is in the Book of Mormon that is not of some worth to us.  So how amazing really is the Book of Mormon for us?!  I can't even start to think about it!  Whenever I read the Book of Mormon I feel the spirit so strong. Before the mission I believed that it was true, but I don't think I was 100% that it was true, but now I know it, and I love it!!!
Thanks for everything my amazing fam!!  I hope you guys all have a great week!!  I love you all so much!!!
-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment