Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 6th, 2014 - Weekly Letter

Family,
            I think this is so weird. On Thursday me and Elder Beifuss were just remembering how we were just barely in the MTC. Like it literally feels like it was a week ago that we were in the MTC....but it has been a whole year!!!  Time goes by so weird in the mission.....but yeah. I took a few pictures, but I forgot my camera in the house.....so I don't think I'll be able to send pics today.....but next week for sure!!!  But it sounds like everything is going good there in Saratoga Springs!!!  Just like for you guys, it's been raining a ton this week. Well not like every day....it just started like Wednesday or Thursday but it's been raining a TON.  To get back to our house yesterday we had to cross the street of course...but it wasn't a street...it was a river.  Oh yeah there's been a ton a rain here. And hallelujah because it has been SO HOT!!!
            So let's just say that this week has been one of the most stressful weeks in my life.  So on Monday Elder Zarco had transfers and so now I'm the new Financial Secretary and a district leader. They didn't call any more secretaries in so now it's just Elder Beifuss and me.  It's super weird because normally there are 4 secretaries, and now I know why, because there's not an end to the work that we have to do here in the office.  But don't get me wrong, I like it, it has just been a crazy week. But, even just through working in the office and everything, I have seen little miracles....and it has been really cool.
            So yesterday we had a meeting with President where all the missionaries from the city of Chihuahua came. We called the zone leaders the night before to ask what their missionaries needed, and we got a list, so that night, Thursday night, we went to Walmart to buy stuff.  After we got everything I saw the price and it was HUGE.  But like a ton of money....and when it is that high at times the mission card passes, but at times no, and so I was just praying in my head, God, let the card pass because all of these missionaries need these things that we're buying, and then like right then the card passed.  I just let out a big sigh of relief. I'm not too big of a fan of buying a lot of stuff, because EVERYONE stares at you like you're super super rich...when really it's the church and us that are paying.  But yeah....so I don't think I've told you guys, but I have a card named PC-1, and so whenever there are missionaries that need stuff, or when we go out to eat, I pay with the card, so everyone calls me the Rich secretary. It's pretty cool, haha!!! 
            So I don't want to sound bad or anything, but Elder Zarco left me with a BUNCH of problems that I'm slowly fixing.  So I deposited the rent for the missionaries and like 5 pairs of missionaries or more didn't get it, and they said they told Elder Zarco what their rent was but he never put them in the system, and just little things like that.  Also a bunch of missionaries asked for things like washers in the past, but they were never bought so I have to buy a lot of things for the missionaries.  
           But I realized something like a day or two ago.  In the beginning when the missionaries called me for things I was just always like uuuuuuuugggggghhh, I don't want to do it, but then I realized wait......I'm a secretary for missionaries and I'm not getting paid.  My job is to attend to the financial problems of the missionaries, and so I should be happy, and it has made me happier. Like when missionaries call me I do it happily now because I realize that it's what I'm here for, it's not like a side job thing, so like Thursday, Friday and today I feel a lot better about everything!!!  And I'm enjoying it more and more.
           This next Friday we are going to go on a hike to a super cool waterfall, and so this next week I have to book a bus for all of the leaders and us, the secretaries!! So that will be super super fun!!! But yeah, so that's what's up..everything's awesome!!  

 Thanks for everything Fam, and I hope everyone enjoys school and work!!! Love you all!!!

-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment