Saturday, December 6, 2014

December 6th, 2014 - Weekly Letter

Family,
     Sounds like your week was super cool!  All the Christmas parties are starting so that's pretty awesome!  We´re going to have the Christmas party the 20th of this month, so in two weeks from today!  It's going to be super cool. You guys can't say anything because it's going to be a surprise, but President bought all of the elders ties this year, and for the sisters I'm not 100%, but it's going to be like scarfs or something.....who knows. But I'm super stoked for that!  It's going to be a really cool Christmas. It's going to be my second and last Christmas in the mission....how weird. Okay, well yeah!  Oh and I'm super excited for the Christmas devotional tomorrow! We're going to be seeing it here in the offices!  That is something cool about being a secretary, because for things like the devotional tomorrow we can watch it through the internet.  But yeah, in our house we have set up a few Christmas stuff, like stockings and a few little trees and stuff like that! Pretty cool!!  
      I think that the coolest thing that happened this last week was a meeting that President had with us.  We talked about our lineage and the rights and responsibilities each house of Israel has.  There were a lot of details, but it was super cool. One of the coolest things that I learned was about the blacks and about why they were suddenly allowed to receive the priesthood, and why it was in that time and not earlier or later in time. But it was just super cool stuff, in that meeting President helped us realize a lot of things, like for example the house of Ephraim. Those who come from the house of Ephraim were sent to preach the gospel and preach it to all parts of the world. President also talked about how if we were born in the covenant then we were valiant fighters before the world was, so we got the privilege of being born in the covenant!!! Wow...it was just soooo coool!!!
      But yeah, other than that I have just been doing good!  For like half of the week I was going to bed between midnight and 1 in the morning because of various things that we've had to do. Like for example last night Elder Ante and I had to go to Cuauhtemoc and we got back like at 1 in the morning.  But it's all good. I'm doing all I can do so that everything goes good and smoothly here in the mission.  It's still stressful being in the offices, but everything is doing good. A lot of missionaries told me at the meeting with President that I looked wasted or beat up, or dead and stuff like that. I'm slowing getting a receding hairline.......yeah that's not good. But even though the offices are stressful at  times I am learning a ton. And I know for sure that I'm never going to have any job that keeps me as busy as being in charge of 230 people. Here work is 24-7, but at least a normal job would be a few hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week.  So yeah....I'm super grateful for the experiences that I'm having here in the offices!!!  
       Thanks for everything that you do for me! For all the love and support!  
       Now I just wanted to share a quick thing that I liked that I read in one of my personal studies this week.  I was looking through the Liahona of this General Conference in October, and I was studying one of the talks that President Monson gave, and he was talking about Satan. There is a scripture in the bible that says that Satan's job is to tempt us.....it's what he's supposed to do, so when we feel like we're the only ones, we're not.  Also when we have temptations, we can say, well it's just Satan again, and just move on. I'm not sure if I'm making much sense, but for me just knowing that Satan is supposed to tempt us helps me conquer him and his temptations! Super cool!
      But yeah!!! Have a great week!!! Enjoy the season! Love you all!!

-Elder Loveless 

No comments:

Post a Comment