Tuesday, April 21, 2015

April 20th, 2015 - Weekly Letter


Family,

    Sounds like it's been a pretty crazy week.  Here in La Junta it was pretty crazy as well!!! That's kinda crazy all of the health problems that have been going on over there.  I'm not really sure what a heart murmur is, but Jon will have no problem.  God is forming him into the pre-missionary that he needs to be, to see how he will react to what follows.  Same with Aunt Denise.  But on the bright side, I'm super happy for Emma. She is rocking the soccer field it sounds like.  Can't wait to play with her in a few months!!!  Also, are you sure that those classes will help me towards a major in Finances???? Just want to make sure.  And mom....you're scaring me with the blind date thing.  I'm still not feeling ready for that stage of my life.......

IMPORTANT: It would be amazing if you could figure out for me if there are classes of soccer, or when tryouts are, if there's indoor teams, things like that.  Also, if you could figure out for me if it would be possible to be an ambassador.  If you could look into those 2 things it would be awesome. I would love to do both!!!

    So just like you guys, it was kinda crazy weather.....not as crazy as Utah, but during the week it was a LOT colder than normal.  On Monday there were transfers and Elder Walker went and guess who is our new zone leader?!  Elder Ruiz!!! haha, yeah again.  This is the third time I've been in the same branch/ward with him.  But we've always had success when he was there, so I'm super stoked for it!!!  

    This last week like a lot happened, but not a lot at the same time!!!!  Me and Elder Hansen changed houses, which was awesome!  A year ago I wouldn't have been able to do that, but now after being the financial secretary for 8 months, I know how to do it like the back of my hand.  We moved into a sweet house!  It definitely was a good find, especially for La Junta.

    Then we went to San Juanito half way through the week and we went with their investigators and what not.  Then when it was later at night, we played soccer against some kids. We told them that if we won they had to go to church, and if they won we had to buy them cake.  We ended up winning, but it was super epic, and super close!! I loved it!  Who knows if they ended up going to church, but it was epic. And then on Saturday for the activity, like all of La Junta showed up. We had almost like 30 youth there, some of them we didn't even know. So we had to split up in a few teams and we played soccer, and then basketball and volleyball. It was so cool.  I just can't believe how much youth showed up.

   All in all, not too much happened.  We didn't even work in our area the majority of the days, but it was a pretty cool week. After this we're going to go play soccer as a zone.  Sooo stoked!!!  This next week is going to be amazing, I can feel it!

    So yeah, thanks for everything that you do for me. Pray always.  Alma and the sons of Mosíah were saved just because of the prayers of Alma and his people.  Prayer brings miracles.  I love and miss you all so much, have a great week!!!  Take care everyone!!!!

-Elder Loveless

 

No comments:

Post a Comment