Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November 15th, 2014 - Weekly Letter

Family,
     Sounds like the week was good and rough at the same time....but don't worry, I understand. There's a lot of those types of weeks here in the mission. Well just about every week actually.  I'm happy that you guys are seeing snow now!  It's weird because like the week before this last week it was cold, but this last week it was hot again.  But like really hot, like we were sweating.  Except for the nights...the nights are still cold.  But it is just weird because everyone here says that it should already be cold. When I was in Camargo a year ago it was cold during this time, so who knows.  But it's all good, I can't complain.  
     This last week was good!  The truth is that not much happened.  I went to Delicias and Parral to buy electric heaters and blankets, so that was good!  Yesterday was the first day of Black Friday here in Mexico. Here it's called Buen Fin, or good end.  I went to Delicias yesterday thinking that it was going to be the same as the United States where literally like everything is on discount, but there wasn't much on discount.  So the blankets and heaters weren't on discount.  But it was funny because we bought 31 blankets, and there pretty much wasn't any left after that.
     Something else that's good is that with Elder Ante here I can get more stuff done because he does all of the reimbursements, which takes a while, especially when I had to do other stuff. So that's good!!  I had a cool experience the other day.  The assistants and Elder Beifuss went to Parral, and then the next day Elder Ante and I were going to go to buy stuff for the zones there, and so there was going to be a meeting with President, so we went up with President, and I sat in front and President and I just talked the whole time about my life and what not.  It was a really cool experience.  I just love how interested he was and is about every single one of us missionaries.  And then on the way back I sat in front again, and it was like 4:30ish, but I was just SO tired.  At about 6 it gets dark, so when we were arriving in Chihuahua again it looked like it was really late, but it really wasn't.  But so on the way back I was just so tired, and so I kinda started falling asleep, and when I started falling asleep President did that little pinch thing on my knee and it startled me, and he was like, don't fall asleep Elder Loveless. And then after I started falling asleep again and he did it again, but this time he said, you can't fall asleep because I need my copilot to help me out.  Copilots can't fall asleep. So we were laughing, but the whole time it was just so hard, because Elder Ante was sleeping in the back, and I was just battling to keep my eyes open, and then President just laughed at me because I couldn't stay awake.....but I did it.  It was a fun trip.  
     But yeah, that was about it for this week.  I wish good luck to you mom in the Primary Program, and I also want to thank you for helping me get registered for school when I get back.  I wish you all luck in everything you do!  You're a great family! Love you all tons! Have a great week!

-Elder Loveless  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment