Sunday, November 23, 2014

November 23rd, 2014 - Weekly E-mail

Family,
    Well it sounds like everything is going good over there in Utah.  It's super cool that you have a break this week from school. I always remember that in the breaks I could just be a little more lazy and relax finally, so enjoy them a ton!  Especially Jon......because it's his last year of high school. I have seen something a little weird here in Mexico, and I didn't see it as much a year ago in Camargo, but it is more common here in Chihuahua, but because people don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, everyone has had their Christmas trees up for like 2 weeks so far.  When you walk into Walmart here everything's just ready for Christmas, but it's like whoa there, what happened to Thanksgiving, and then I remember that I'm in Mexico.  But yeah, I got your Thanksgiving package! Thanks so much. We're going to have a Thanksgiving feast this week! But yeah, it makes me glad that you're all doing so good!
    So this last week, well I don't know very well how to explain it, but it was weird.  So I don't know if I've ever told you all that there is an old missionary couple in the mission, and this last week they had transfers. The only problem is that they have to have everything one step above the rest, like marriage size beds, and couches, and just everything super nice, and so for about 3 days I had to travel to their new area which is about 3 and a half hours from Chihuahua, called Jimenez, to set up everything. But there was one problem. I pretty much don't have any money on the mission card, neither does President. So, we weren't able to buy everything. Luckily this next week on Wednesday our cards get money again.  So phew, almost there.  But yeah, so pretty much this last week I was traveling the majority of the time, and for that reason I wasn't able to write yesterday.  Now that it's narrowing down to the end of the year it's becoming a little stressful. But yeah, still doing good!
    Oh, also a new elder came to the mission last week.  He's from Bolivia. We went and got him and then ate at Chili's after. Yeah, it was super cool! 
    Oooo, some crazy news as well. So last week we found out, and I'm not sure if this is true with ALL of the missions in the whole world, or just the ones in Mexico, but we all have to have shots.  They are for Influenza or something like that, and so yesterday they arrived, and so right now our fridge is packed with shots. Wish me luck.......
    What else......well this last week we got another secretary, but he finishes his mission in a month, so he's not going to take our places. So now we have more help, and it's good because now we have time to leave and work.  Hoping for miracles this next week.  Also we painted this big gate thing last week....in our church clothes. That was an adventure.  
    In the next like 2ish weeks me and Elder Beifuss have to be praying to figure out who are going to be the next secretaries. President informed us that we'll probably be training new elders in December, and then we'll be leaving in January.  So that's the news.
     But yeah, everything is going good. I have seen that in the offices my spirituality has lowered a bit. Obviously not a lot because I'm a missionary, but compared to working out in the field, because we hardly study and stuff like that, but it's getting better. With more secretaries I have a lot more time to be studying.  Satan knows me well, same with everyone else, but that's the best part of the Atonement, that if we fall, we can get back up......and we get back up just that much stronger. Trials are to strengthen us.  I have a strong testimony of the Atonement and the Book of Mormon.  I feel like they go hand in hand, because when we get to know the Book of Mormon, we come closer to Christ and get to know Him better. We get to know Him And His Atonement better.
    Now I just wanted to say everything that I'm grateful for, since this is the week of Thanksgiving:
I'm thankful for my family (Mom, Dad, Emma, Jonny boy, Cupcake, Sonic)
the mission
God
Christ
The Holy Ghost
President and Sister Chavez
Money
a house
the gift of tongues
clothes
The church in general
Friends
prayer
fasting
President Monson
Music
Emily
Experiences (good and bad)
the Atonement
Food
Work
Investigators
The Bible
The Book Of Mormon
Joseph Smith
Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins......well Family
teachers
leaders
.....wow the list could just keep going and going......
 
But yeah....thanks for everything you all do. Really. It means a lot to me that you all are always there to help me through the good and the bad times.  I love you all so much! Have a great Thanksgiving week! Enjoy the vacations, and just enjoy life :)

-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment