Sunday, November 30, 2014

November 30th, 2014 - Weekly Letter

Family,
    Well this last week had it's ups and downs like any other week! But it was a good week! I enjoyed it!!  It sounds like a bunch of stuff happened this last week! Wow.....tell Tanner Felicidades (congratulations) from me! And make sure to send me some pics!!!  Oh yeah, and tell Stevie congratulations from me too!!!  I'm so happy for her! I'm glad you all had a great week, and I hope that you all had a Great Thanksgiving!  Sounds like it was super great!  Thanksgiving was cool here! Well it wasn't too different than any other day, but for the food a family made a Thanksgiving feast for us! There was turkey and potatoes and cider and rolls and everything! It was super cool! I unfortunately don't have any pictures, but the sisters do, so I'll get photos of that event for you guys next week!  
    So this last week I think my testimony grew even more of the Book of Mormon, starting on Monday.  So in the morning I was studying and thinking of a subject that I wanted to talk about with the district in the afternoon, and I started reading 1 Nephi 18, and I just realized that the whole chapter was for our district, so that's what I talked about. It was cool because in the story Nephi and his brothers make and finish their ship to get to the promised land, and during this time there are little details that make a big impact. For example I did an activity with the district and I told them to build a boat.  There were just chairs in the room and so they started stacking the chairs and stuff like that. Then a few minutes after they didn't know what to do, so I read them verse 3 which talks about how Nephi hiked up a mountain often to ask help from the Lord, and the Lord showed grand things to Nephi, and I told them that I was the "Lord" in that activity, so one of the missionaries "hiked up the mountain" and then I told them hints, like for example, you can leave this room for more materials, and you have to have a roof because later the winds and storms will come and you don't want to drown.  So they made the ship good. And then after we went to the second half of the story about when Laman and Lemuel tie Nephi up and they lose faith and the Liahona stops working and it's just a mess, and I talked about how at times we "tie" up our leaders and then our Liahona doesn't work, or the Holy Ghost.  I have realized that that happens a lot in our district, that the sister missionaries at times "tie" up the zone leaders, assistants, and at times me too, so all in all it was a good district meeting. I saw a cool principle while teaching...I saw how when we really do teach with the spirit, we learn more then the people that we're teaching.  It is so cool to have the holy ghost....and the priesthood!!!  
    Oh yeah, and then also I had a cool experience as district leader too. There is a missionary that is struggling a little bit, and I just had a feeling to talk to her one night, ask her how she was doing and compliment her for the work she was doing, and she started crying and told me how it was just a horrible day and that she just wasn't happy in her area, and a bunch of stuff, but at the end she told me thanks, and that she needed that. Another experience that helped me to grow spiritually!  SO COOL!
    Yesterday was a pretty cool day too!  But crazy! So we woke up at 4:30 a.m. to bring an elder to the airport. Then we rushed back after to make it to the church before 8, because the sisters had a baptism at 8. Then right after we went to buy a washer for another companionship of sisters, and then after we rushed back before 11 for another baptism of the sisters, and then we went to Delicias and returned just in time for another baptism of the sisters at 6.  I played a ton of piano because the sisters wanted me to play for the baptisms....so that was pretty cool!  And so that's why I couldn't write yesterday.  But everything was good!  
    Thanks for informing me of the accuplacer math test when I get back.....haha.....I think it would be better for me though to take it in Spanish.  I do a little bit of math as Financial Secretary, but nothing in English.....so yeah....better make that adjustment.....no just kidding...but for reals......that'll be fun......I don't remember ANY equations except for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.  So looks like I won't be getting into college...
But lets look on the bright side...I'm a missionary!!! :)
    Oh and about that game Citadels. I'm pretty sure like I either learned how to play it, or something, because that name sounds so so familiar. But that's cool! Sounds like it was super fun! Playing games with you guys was always so fun!!!

    But yeah! Thanks for everything! You guys are all awesome!! Thanks for all the love and support!!  Have a great week! I love you all so much!!!

-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment