Saturday, January 10, 2015

January 10th, 2015 - Weekly Letter

Family,
    This last week was a life-changing experience.  I had a lot of cool experiences.  Sounds like you guys had a sweet week too. I always wanted to play killer bunnies before the mission.....so we gotta play it after!  I'm just remembering how cool games were...and are!  I remember how I wanted to make games when I was older.  Maybe I will.....but when I'm retired.  But that's cool. I'm glad everyone still plays games. That's one tradition that is never going to leave the family.  I'm just thinking it's so weird that Jon and Emma are already half-way through this school year.  But I'm like freaked out, because I felt like last year it went by slower.  And now Jon's like almost graduated.  Weird.....But I'm so happy for you guys! Sounds like everything's going great!  
     This last week my testimony truly grew of the following quote from President Hinckley.     
   “The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired. One of the great ironies of life is this: He or she who serves almost always benefits more than he or she who is served.” 
     I'm not going to bash on or say anything bad about my past companions here in the offices, but they just never wanted to work because we always have work.  Now that Elder Reynolds is here we have really focused on at least leaving every day to at the least contact someone in the street.  With all of the stress in the offices it helps so much!  It makes my worries go away.  Because "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God" (Mosiah 2:17).  Work truly is the antidote for all of the bad feelings that we could have.  God is love....and when we serve Him, He gives us part of that love.   
     The next big thing that I learned was through revelation that I received during my personal studies these last two days, and it is about the true meaning of Ether 12:27.
   "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
    First we must go to Christ to find out what our weakness is. Next we have to humble ourselves before God and have faith, but not just have faith.....act on that faith.  Then the grace of God will make it possible that our weakness becomes strong unto us. Imagine that......Maybe it's procrastination.....maybe it's an addiction....maybe it's worse....maybe not so bad. Whatever it may be, in this verse we learn how to make weak things become strong unto us.  I'm not going to explain details, because if it interests you guys you can study it personally.  But let's just say that it took an hour yesterday and an hour today to fully comprehend this verse.  Let's just say that we have to be worthy of the grace of God....for it is what will bring us to Exaltation.  And that's just a little part of the puzzle of Ether 12:27.  It's an amazing verse and I recommend that you all study it. But not just read it, but that you take time and write notes, because it will change your life forever. It is currently changing mine, and I know that it is true and works.  

    So that was about the coolest things about my week.  We brought a lady named Claudia to church and her daughter Jeromi to church last week. They liked it a lot and are going to come tomorrow with all of the family. We also are going to have 2 other young couples come to church.  We're really excited for tomorrow. Actually like in 15 minutes we're going to go work some more to invite more to church.  
    It's been good. And during this time I feel the happiest that I've been the whole mission.  It's super cool being in the offices and being able to work. Like it's what I would like to do after the mission as well. Continue blessing lives, but work and attend the family at the same time.  The happiness that this gospel gives us is better than any other thing that exists, and I'm so happy to be a representative of Christ during this time.  
     I'm so happy for you guys and thanks for everything that you do.  I hope you have a great week! Envelope yourselves with a good study of the scriptures and you'll see how your lives change! Keep enjoying life....and board games!!!   Love you all!!!
 
-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment