Monday, January 26, 2015

January 24th, 2015 - Weekly Letter

Family,

    That is so cool that Austin was able to return good and that he has returned changed.  Tell him hi from me and tell him that I'm so proud of him!  That is such a cool experience for you guys!  I just can't believe that 2 years have already passed by since Austin left on his mission.  Crazy stuff.  But yeah. I was actually there when President called you guys!  We were having a cool interview and then he just randomly called you.  It was cool, and I got a little bit teary eyed.  But yeah, I'm glad that you guys had a great week!!!! And tell Jon to enjoy Sweethearts (even though I don't know when it will be).  It was a really cool week for me.
     
     So this last Sunday we didn't have anyone that went to church. All of our investigators had things that happened, but it's all good because this week they're all going to go again.  Then last Monday was cool because we got some more new missionaries.  The generation is very cool, and I can see a lot of them being good leaders in the future.  So we were with them for the day.  Then on Tuesday were the transfers.  Elder Ante came back to the offices and then my son in the offices.....Elder Barroteran.  Elder Barroteran only has about 5 months in the mission, but with the little time that I've had to leave and work with him, he's super awesome and cool.  
   
     Sadly for like Wednesday and Thursday and part of Friday I couldn't leave the offices to work because I had some really important deadlines that I had to meet.  So I was in the offices the whole day on Wednesday and Thursday finishing everything that I had to do, and then I finished everything Friday in the afternoon, so at about 6 yesterday I was able to leave with Elder Barroteran to work, and it was so cool.  After so much time in the offices, every little minute that I can get to work out of the offices is precious, and I love it.  
   
     I also learned, or realized again, a cool principle that is taught in the Book of Mormon.  In 2 Nephi 10:23 it says, "Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life."
    And so I realized after reading this verse that everything is our choice. If we want to have happiness in this life we choose it.  If we want a crappy life we choose it.  If we want success in this life, we choose it. Everything is our choice........so what will we choose then?
   
     This really is reflected in missionaries that have success and missionaries that don't. If missionaries want it bad enough they'll get it, and if not......well then no.  I'm not going to say that I'm perfect in that, because I'm not, but now that the time is a lot shorter, I feel like my desires are changing. Now I want more and more to help as much of God's children as I can.  
 
    I love this gospel, and I'm so so SO grateful for the Atonement of our Lord Jesus Christ.  I'm so excited for this week because I've put the goal to leave no later than 4 every day to work.  There a tons of God's children just waiting for me......so it's time to find them.....and help them.  
   
     I hope you all have a great great week!  I love you all so much!  Take care and Always choose God's path.  For His path is eternal life!!! 

-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment