Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 14th, 2015 - Weekly Letter

Family,

    Wow! What a crazy week it sounds like you all had.  It's just weird how much can happen in a week!  I just want to thank Emma for the amazing example that she's been for me.  Sometimes I think things like why do people that are so pure and innocent have to pass through things like that, and then this quote from Quentin L. Cook comes to my mind, "The refiner's fire is real, and the qualities of character and righteousness that are forged in the furnace of affliction perfect and purify us and prepare us to meet God."  And then I realize why.......because afflictions are to help us......to purify....and to qualify us to meet God.  How crazy our perspectives could change if we only thought like that more!!!! But I just want to thank Emma for her awesomeness and her amazing example. Throughout her life she will be an amazing example to a lot of people...I just know it!

    So for me, this last week wasn't too different than any other week.  We worked in the offices, and then went out after to work.  I didn't get too much time to work outside of the offices because of a few things that I had to do in the offices, but it was a great learning week. I learned a lot from the scriptures and a lot from the daily experiences that I had.  I also learned a lot about being humble, and I really realized that in this work, God's work, we can't do it effectively unless we rely on Him.  

    But yeah.....I'm sorry if this is not a very long email, but I just wanted to tell you how much I love you all!!!  It's been a good Valentine's Day, and I just want to thank you guys for it!  Thank you all for the continued support and love that you have all given me!  

 
Happy Valentine's Day!

I love you all!!!

Have a great week!

 

-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment