Saturday, February 7, 2015

February 7th, 2015 - Weekly Letter

Family,
    Sounds like everything has been pretty good....And crazy!  There's a lot of cool stuff that has been going on lately!!!  That's so cool!  When Tanner gets married, make sure to send me pictures and what not!!!  I'm also super excited for Jon and Dad to come and pick me up.  I'm not exactly sure about details of when they should come.....but I'll figure that out this week.  There's a few options though.  One option would be that Jon and dad come Saturday night (the 25th) and then they could come home with me the 29th, but we wouldn't know what flight I'll have until about Junish.  Or....they could come like the 27th or the 28th and we could stay until Saturday (the 1st). Only thing is that you guys would pay for my ticket and then the church would reimburse it after.  So yeah.  Is there an option that you guys prefer???  Just make sure that Dad brushes up on his Spanish ;) haha
    So yeah!  This week has been pretty normal!  It wasn't a bad week either, but it was just one of those good ole weeks! It definitely started out good!  On Monday Elder Reynolds and I had a really good district meeting!  It helped a ton because the sisters just seemed mad the whole week before, and so they talked to us and now it's all chill again!  We talked about Unity, and I learned a lot of things that I hadn't known before....or maybe hadn't realized before.  Like when we think about it, if it weren't for the perfect unity of God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost, the Plan of Salvation wouldn't be possible. So if the unity of them made is possible the Salvation, then imagine what we can do in the mission if we have unity?? Imagine what a family can do if they have perfect unity?  I had never really studied unity before, but now I see that it is key to have success!
    So the rest of the week wasn't really too exciting until yesterday, Friday.  So Elder Barroteran, Elder Nava, and I went with President to Parral yesterday because he was having a meeting with the missionaries there.  When we got there president told us to buy burritos for all of the missionaries, so we went looking and ended up buying 90 burritos. I've never bought so many in my life.  I've never even Seen so many in my life.  But we did it and it was pretty cool!  People thought we were crazy holding 90 burritos walking around Parral.  
    So then after we finished in Parral I had to go to Jimenez to buy a washer and a dryer for the old couple missionaries, because their's broke.  Elder Nava forgot stuff on the bus which is kinda of sad, but funny at the same time.  Then we went to this store called Coppel to buy the washer and dryer and it was weird.  So we we're going to buy the washer and dryer and then we went to look for an iron because ours broke, and then when we went to pay this girl started yelling at us and pointed to me and told me to come. I was like....ok what's going on, and elder Nava told me to go see what was going on.  She grabbed my arm and brought me over to one of her friends and told me that she wanted to talk to me, and I looked back at Elder Nava and he was just like, go for it.  (he's crazy)  And so I started talking to this girl, and come to find out that she was pretty much the same age as us, so then obviously we all knew why she wanted to talk to me, because all of her friends started giggling.  So what's the best thing to do?? Contact her.  So I just told her I was a missionary and everything and asked for her address, and obviously she gave it to me, and she told me to pass by on this next Wednesday, but since it's not my area  I just passed the reference to the missionaries there in Jimenez.  The whole time this was going on Elder Nava and Elder Barroteran were a few isles away and were just laughing the whole time, but busting out laughing, so while I was trying to contact her seriously I couldn't do it very well because they were making me laugh.  But it was just SUPER AWKWARD......like that has never happened to me before in the mission, but I just felt awkward. But poor girl.....she's probably thinking that I'll be passing by on Wednesday, but really it's going to be other missionaries.  She's going to get baptized though!    So yeah.....that was my awkward experience for the week.  Then after we got that all done we took a bus back to Chihuahua and ended up getting back at 1 in the morning....so I'm a tad bit tired, but everything's good!

    So thanks for everything!!! I'll probably be transferred the first week of March.  Still lack 3 weeks!!! Gonna make every week count!!! But yeah, thanks for the continued support and love!!!
Love you all so much! Have a great week!!!!!

-Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment