Friday, February 27, 2015

February 23rd, 2015 - Transfer Letter

Family,

    So maybe my email won't be as long this time, because I wrote just two days ago, but I'll let you all in on the deets!!! 
 
    So last week President had told me that I would be having transfers, but it hadn't really hit me yet I guess.  In the offices we live a lot differently than normal missionaries, so I was still just enjoying it over there.  Days passed, and before I knew it, it was already Sunday.  Sunday is when it hit me that I was going.  
 
    So we get to Church, and somebody asked me something, I can't remember, and I told them that I was going to have transfers, and then since this ward is literally my family, everyone found out.  It was hard because a bunch of them started crying.  I was like.....what??????  During the 8 months in Granjas I hadn't really thought that we had all gotten that close, but now that I look back on it, I realize that I love them all so much!!!
 
    So one of the families invited me over to eat some desert at 6, so we did that, which was fun.....but then they started crying too. I was like......sad too.  I'd always been fine with transfers...but this time I was legitely sad.  The mom of this family told us that as missionaries we're literally angels that bring everyone together, but that nobody realizes it until we leave.    But yeah....that whole night was kind of hard, but then the transfers finally came this morning.  They came and went fast, and then we had almost a 3 hour bus ride to our area, La Junta.  In our zone, La Sierra, we're the closest to Chihuahua. The farthest away are another 2 hours away.  But it's awesome, because it's one of the only places in Chihuahua where snow falls.  We're just in a little town, and there's four of us here in the town, and the other two are americans too!!! Elder Walker and Elder Goldsberry!  I'm already super excited!  
   
   But yeah, those are the details.  I'm with a new missionary that has 5 weeks in the mission named Elder Hansen from Heber Utah.  So I'm going to be District Leader AND trainer.  The funny thing is that in my district, we are three different little towns, one of them about a half an hour away and another about an hour away, so that'll be fun with baptism interviews and things like that! But yeah, super stoked!!
 
   This week we have 2 possible baptisms so we're going to work very hard so that they can be baptized this weekend!!!  But everything is going good on this side of the world!!
    Thanks for everything!! I love you all so much!!! Stay strong and pray for strength to carry on!!!
 
-Elder Loveless 

No comments:

Post a Comment